Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happier...or at least getting there.

My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee
Text and Music by Rob Gardner
For a little while
Have I forsaken thee;
But with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee
For a moment.
But with everlasting kindness will I gather thee,
And with mercy will I take thee ‘neath my wings,
For the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
Though thine afflictions seem
At times too great to bear,
I know thine every thought and every care.
And though the very jaws
Of hell gape after thee I am with thee.
And with everlasting mercy will I succor thee,
And with healing will I take thee ‘neath my wings.
Though the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
Know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
How long can rolling waters
Remain impure?
What pow'r shall stay the hand of God?
The Son of Man hath descended below all things.
Art thou greater than He?
So hold on thy way,
For I shall be with thee.
And mine angels shall encircle thee.
Doubt not what thou knowest,
Fear not man, for he
Cannot hurt thee.
And with everlasting kindness will I succor thee,
And with mercy will I take thee ‘neath my wings.
For the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!"


Take a Look Through my Eyes
There are things in life you'll learn and in time you'll see, cause out there somewhere it's all waiting, If you keep believing.

So don't run, don't hide; It will be all right. You'll see, trust me, I'll be there watching over you.

Just take a look through my eyes, there's a better place somewhere out there.

Just take a look through my eyes, everything changes, you'll be amazed what you'll find, If you look through my eyes.

There will be times on this journey, all you'll see is darkness.

Out there somewhere daylight finds you, if you keep believing.

So don't run, don't hide, it will be all right. You'll see, trust me, I'll be there watching over you.

Just take a look through my eyes, there's a better place somewhere out there.

Just take a look through my eyes; Everything changes, you'll be amazed what you'll find if you look through my eyes.

All the things that you can change,there's a meaning in everything, and you will find all you need.

There's so much to understand, just take a look through my eyes.

There's a better place somewhere out there.

Just take a look through my eyes; Everything changes, you'll be amazed what you'll find if you look through my eyes.

Take a look through my eyes.

-Phil Collins




I had a sort of a breakdown yesterday in front of one of my roommates yesterday about not being able to turn my brain off, about worrying about too many things, etc. and today I feel a lot better. I'm definitely going to try and go somewhere this weekend to clear my head. It's so obvious; that's what I needed to do the whole time to get everything sorted out. I'll go away for a couple of days, clear my head, and come look at everything with a fresh, clean slate. I feel better just talking about it and Iknow that will help.

Onto other news, I took my social dance midterm today on the foxtrot and it was out of ninety-five points...and I got a ninety-five! WOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to do the midterm on swing, but I'm glad that I decided not to. I also got to talk to Piper on the phone and it was just about the cutest thing ever. She wanted to talk to me after she figured out my mum did! ha ha

I might update later today, depending on how the day goes and how much homework I have, but until then, I'm going to go take a nap! I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment